Advisory Council members are appointed by the Lieutenant Governor in Council for two and three-year terms, from among applicants to Engage PEI. The Advisory Council meets regularly and includes women from many parts of the Island and many walks of life working inside and outside the home in traditional and non-traditional occupations.
As of January 24, 2023, Advisory Council members are:
- Serena Smith, Chairperson, Summerside
- Garima Mishra, Vice-Chairperson, Charlottetown
- Emily Rutledge, Treasurer, Charlottetown
- Regina Younker, Cornwall
- Caroline MacRae, Summerside
- Gaylene Carragher, Stanhope
- Barbara McDowall, Charlottetown
- Hsiao Yu (Kate) Liu, Charlottetown
To be included on a list of interested applicants, you may apply through the Engage PEI office. Please do not hesitate to call Council staff to assist you in preparing an application.
Advisory Council staff members are employees of Council, not of government. Currently, the Council employs two full-time and one part-time staff person in permanent positions.
As of April 1, 2021, current staff members are
- Jane Ledwell, Executive Director
- Michelle Jay, Program Coordinator
- Becky Tramley, Office Manager (part-time)