The PEI Advisory Council on the Status of Women invites you to use online resources created for the Purple Ribbon Campaign Against Violence to reflect and educate yourself and others throughout Family Violence Prevention Week.
- Powerful video commemoration of the 2020 Montreal Massacre Memorial Service for victims of violence, https://vimeo.com/487804493, including:
– A profound poem by a survivor of violence, beginning at 06:18
– A commentary by Chairperson Debbie Langston, beginning at 08:37
– A keynote speech by Roxanne Carter-Thompson, beginning at 22:05
– Candlelighting for victims of violence, beginning at 29:45
- Text versions of key messages from the Purple Ribbon Campaign and Montreal Massacre Memorial, including:
– An anonymous survivor’s poem, “When you looked at me, did you see me?” https://peistatusofwomen.ca/2020/12/16/poem-by-a-survivor
– Debbie Langston’s commentary, “Where Violence Persists, What Women Do / Là où la violence persiste, ce que font les femmes” https://peistatusofwomen.ca/2020/12/05/dec-6-2020-commentary/
– Roxanne Carter-Thompsons speech, “Supporting Survivors Saves Lives” https://peistatusofwomen.ca/2020/12/16/supporting-survivors-saves-lives-speech-by-roxanne-carter-thompson/
- Slideshows for teachers and educators to present, on topics including supporting survivors, healthy relationships, consent, and ways youth can help prevent violence: https://peistatusofwomen.ca/purple-ribbon-campaign/resources-for-teachers/
Look also for a new commentary by Chairperson Debbie Langston for Family Violence Prevention Week, to be posted in English and in French at https://peistatusofwomen.ca.