Welcome to our Community Events and Notices E-News for Thursday, November 18, 2021
New listings this week:
1) Purple Ribbon Campaign 2021-2022
1a – Multilingual Poster
1b – Teachers’ Resources – 2021-2022 Purple Ribbon Campaign Against Violence
2) Reminder to Register for the December 2 Zoom Lunch and Learn: “Facts on Femicide” with Dr. Myrna Dawson
3) Women and Gender-Diverse Islanders Invited to Take Part in Health Survey
4) TRANS AWARENESS WEEK – WHAT IS IT?
5) TRANS DAY OF REMEMBRANCE VIGIL
6) Statement: Senators Call for Federal Support of PEI Guaranteed Livable Basic Income
7) PEIBWA Activities and Events
8) JOIN US FOR ROOTS & SHOOTS NEXT WEDNESDAY EVENING!
9) Festive Wreath Contest and Exhibition 2021
10) Understanding and Addressing issues of gender identity and sexuality when working with trauma survivors through trauma-informed care approaches
11) Job Opportunities – ICN is seeking a National Program Manager and a Program Associate based out of the Halifax Office of the Atlantic Council for International Cooperation.
12) COVID-19 & Gender-based Violence in Canada: Key Issues and Recommendations
13) Interfaith Devotional this Friday
14) Join us for Peter Jaffe’s Inaugural Lectures on Ending Domestic Violence
15) Découvrez les dernières nouveautés du microsite Les femmes et la pandémie
16) PEI’s Legal Impact Grant’s Program Deadline for Funding Applications – Extended
17) PEI Status of Women: In-Person Office Hours by Appointment
PLEASE NOTE: Events listed above may get postponed or possibly cancelled. Please always check with the events directly for updated information. Thank you.
The current and past issues of our Thursday E-News with upcoming community events and notices are available at the following links:
PREVIOUS LISTINGS BY TITLE
PLEASE NOTE: Some of the events listed below may be postponed or possibly cancelled. Please always check with events directly for updated information.
To view the e-newsletter with specific details about an event, click on the title link:
- PEIBWA Activities/News – Nov 3
- Be Well Talk: Latest Advances in Breast Cancer – Nov 24
- 211 PEI: Information and Referral Services
- Flu Vaccination Clinics
- Intersecting Oppressions Shape Experiences of Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) Faced by Women with Disabilities – infographic
- “Long-awaited Good News on Island-wide Public Transit” by Chairperson Cathy Rose
- Anderson House Current Needs List
- New mental health and addictions single point of access phone line launched
- The Hidden Island: Surprise Episode – Murder, Mystery & Mental Health
- Actions Femmes IPÉ – Les nouvelles d’automne !
- Master Your Communications Skills with UPEI Professional Development in 2022!
- Trade Herizons Program is Accepting Applications
- confiDANCE program for individuals who have intellectual disabilities
- PEI Public Library Service – November Programs
- November Programs at the Summerside Rotary Library
- Introducing Frontline & Centre
- PEERS Alliance Has Moved and Fall Newsletter
- Shopping Local this Holiday Season? – List of Some Christmas Festivals, Crafts, Markets, and Fairs