Welcome to our Community Events and Notices E-News for Thursday, June 16, 2022
New listings this week:
1) Resources for World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (was yesterday June 15)
2) Bike Friendly Block Party This Saturday
3) Maritime Health Research Summit – Wise Practices in Health Equity
4) Join us for a public meeting about virtual health care on PEI
5) Youth Leadership Opportunity
6) Webinar: Do You Want to Calm Your Anxiety?
7) Join us June 21st in Charlottetown for National Indigenous Peoples Day!
8) National Indigenous Peoples Day
9) Webinar – Adapting the violence against women systems response to the COVID-19 pandemic: results from Toronto and next steps for Ontario and the Maritimes
10) MMFC Youtube Channel
11) Fundraising 4000 pads for Honduras
12) Event Series: Queering Gender-Based Violence Prevention and Intervention
13) Calling for school board trustee candidates
14) PEI Status of Women: In-Person Office Hours by Appointment
PLEASE NOTE: Events listed above may get postponed or possibly cancelled. Please always check with the events directly for updated information. Thank you.
The current and past issues of our Thursday E-News with upcoming community events and notices are available at the following links:
PREVIOUS LISTINGS BY TITLE
PLEASE NOTE: Some of the events listed below may be postponed or possibly cancelled. Please always check with events directly for updated information.
To view the e-newsletter with specific details about an event, click on the title link:
- Equality Report Card 2022 Launched Today – March 24
- Equality Report Card Launch Recording
- Commentary: Setting the grade for gender equality in P.E.I.
- IWD Podcasts – Breaking the Bias
- New Professional Development Courses for June at UPEI
- DiverseCity Festival 2022 – June and July
- June/July/August Issue of The Employment Journey
- Indigenous History Month – June
- PEIBWA Activities and Events – June 8
- Health PEI moving to appointment-based COVID-19 testing on June 8
- The Second Round of our Grant Program is Launching Soon! June 9-Sept 14
- Assemblée Générale Annuelle d’Actions Femmes IPÉ – June 16
- PEIBWA’s Conversation Corner on June 17
- Mawi’omi at Founders’ Hall Green Space – June 18
- Coming Ashore: A Workshop for Newcomers to PEI – June 19
- The Resiliency Roadshow – June 20, 23 and 24
- Mom 2 Mom Sale! – June 25
- Launch of PEIBWA’s Sensational Summer PitchFest
- Centennial Celebration of Women Getting the Vote Event – May 7 Livestream Video Available For Viewing
- Our Landing Place Information
- PEERS Alliance Spring Newsletter
- Learn More About Meditation / Become a Meditation Teacher
- The PEI Human Rights Commission Has Joined Social Media!
- Government Launches Bike and E-Bike Incentives
- UPEI Professional Development Hosting Summer Sessions
- The Draft Active Transportation Network Plan is available
- Health Strategy Released for Women and Islanders Who Are Gender Diverse
- UPEI Homestay Program is Recruiting Homestay Families