Welcome to our Community Events and Notices E-News for Thursday, October 5, 2023
New listings this week:
1) Three PEI Status of Women Bursaries Are Available – Deadline is Monday, October 16th This Year
2) PEI Status of Women Council Meeting Recently Held in Victoria PEI
3) PEI 150: Women Making History and Gala Reception – October 27
4) Ladies Night Gala in Support of LifeHouse Transitional Housing and Emergency Shelter
5) Fall workshops for seniors on financial information, seniors benefits
6) Transit User Survey
7) Food Security in Atlantic Canada Webinar/Webinaire sur la sécurité alimentaire dans le Canada atlantique : stratégies et solutions
8) Literacy Champion Award Nomination 2023
9) Resources on Addressing and Preventing Gender-based Violence on Canadian Campuses
10) Join us!: Workshops on Disability in Atlantic Canada
11) Atlantic Tuition Waiver Project
12) Call for Proposals 1 & 2: Women’s Economic and Leadership Opportunities Fund; and Women’s Capacity Fund
13) 2023-24 Live Well PEI Wellness Grant Program – Now Open!
14) 3rd Annual Peter Jaffe Lecture on Ending Domestic Violence – Livestream
15) Climate Challenge Fund – Open for Applications
16) Nominations Open for PEI Annual Heritage Awards!
17) Blooming House October Needs List
18) PEI Status of Women: Office Hours/ Condition féminine de l’Î.-P.-É : Heures d’ouverture
PLEASE NOTE: Events listed above may get postponed or possibly cancelled. Please always check with the events directly for updated information. Thank you.
The current and past issues of our Thursday E-News with upcoming community events and notices are available at the following links:
PREVIOUS LISTINGS BY TITLE
PLEASE NOTE: Some of the events listed below may be postponed or possibly cancelled. Please always check with events directly for updated information.
To view the e-newsletter with specific details about an event, click on the title link:
- Facts Over Fear Campaign
- “Landfall – Remembering Hurricane Fiona” Art Project
- Better Transit Now!
- Pharmacy Plus PEI Survey
- The Seniors Navigator in PEI
- End the Misuse of Non-Disclosure Agreements! Informed Choices for Survivors of Gender-Based Violence
- Wellness Together Canada
- Introducing Trish Altass, New Research Coordinator at the PEI Status of Women!
- 2022-2023 PEI Status of Women Annual Report
- Three PEI Status of Women Bursaries Are Available – Deadline is October 16th This Year
- Tea and Talk – Connecting Conversation for Non-Profits – Oct 5, 12 and Nov 1
- Webinar – Not Just the Tip: Building Comfort and Confidence in Delivering Comprehensive Sexual Health Education Oct 12
- Meet and Greet with Justice Avenues – Oct 12
- Bonshaw Welcome Fall Fun Ceilidh – Oct 15
- Save the Date – Join United Way PEI for United By Song! – Oct 19
- SAVE THE DATE! PEI 150: Women Making History – Oct 27
- Women in Leadership Bursary – deadline is Nov 1
- Certificate in Conflict Resolution Beginning in December 2023
- Mental Health & Addictions Supports
- Save the Dates: Upcoming Webinar Series
- Breast Cancer and Lymphedema Support/Education Groups
- Upcoming Professional Development Programming Fall 2023/Winter 2024
- Assessing the Canadian Governments’ Actions in Response to the MMIWG2S+ Genocide – postponed
- Acknowledge the link between GBV and mass casualties
- Registration is NOW OPEN for the Creating Collective Care Conference!
- October 2023: Class invite re Self Care/Others offering Therapeutic Touch®️
- Funding Opportunities and Announcements from the Federal Anti-Racism Secretariat