Welcome to our Community Events and Notices E-News for Thursday, November 2, 2023
New listings this week:
1) Next Wednesday, November 8 – Purple Ribbon Campaign Pinning Bee
2) November 5, 2023 – Daylight Saving Time Ends This Weekend
3) Seeking Nominations for 2023 PEI Human Rights Awards
4) Join the IRSA Women’s Circle (Summerside Edition)
5) Health PEI Annual General Meeting / Assemblée générale annuelle de Santé Î.-P.-É.
6) How are mobility practitioners incorporating equity into their work?
7) Celebration of Learning on November 23
8) Voluntary Resource Council Fundraiser and Volunteer Awards
9) CFPEI Launches PEI Gives – Giving Tuesday Campaign
10) PEIBWA Activities and News
11) Blooming House Top 5 Items on the Needs List
12) Supporting crisis hotlines across the country
13) Blueprint for Transformation: The 2023 Report of the National Advisory Council on Poverty
14) IRSA PEI Alternate Career Day 2023
15) Apply to the PEI Climate Challenge Fund
16) Are you signed up for the Community Sector Network of PEI Newsletter?
17) PEI Status of Women: Office Hours/ Condition féminine de l’Î.-P.-É : Heures d’ouverture
PLEASE NOTE: Events listed above may get postponed or possibly cancelled. Please always check with the events directly for updated information. Thank you.
The current and past issues of our Thursday E-News with upcoming community events and notices are available at the following links:
PREVIOUS LISTINGS BY TITLE
PLEASE NOTE: Some of the events listed below may be postponed or possibly cancelled. Please always check with events directly for updated information.
To view the e-newsletter with specific details about an event, click on the title link:
- 2023-2024 Purple Ribbon Campaign Against Violence
- Pinning Bee – Purple Ribbon Campaign – November 8
- Deadline is tomorrow: Increased support to end violence against women – deadline Nov 3 for Violence Against Women Prevention Grant
- Deadline is tomorrow: Reminder: Apply today – Two new calls for proposals opened for the Women’s Economic and Leadership Opportunities Fund and the Women’s Capacity Fund – Nov 3 deadline
- 2023-24 Live Well PEI Wellness Grant Program – Now Open! Apply by Nov 6
- National Grief & Bereavement Day 2023: Reach Out, Support the Grief Journey – Nov 21
- Actions Femmes – Restorative Weekend Event – November 24–26
- 3rd Annual Peter Jaffe Lecture on Ending Domestic Violence – Livestream – Nov 28
- Climate Challenge Fund – Open for Applications – Due by Nov 30
- Nominations Open for PEI Annual Heritage Awards! – Deadline Dec 1
- Certificate in Conflict Resolution Beginning in December 2023
- Fall workshops for seniors on financial information, seniors benefits
- Resources on Addressing and Preventing Gender-based Violence on Canadian Campuses
- Atlantic Tuition Waiver Project
- Facts Over Fear Campaign
- “Landfall – Remembering Hurricane Fiona” Art Project
- Pharmacy Plus PEI Survey
- The Seniors Navigator in PEI
- End the Misuse of Non-Disclosure Agreements! Informed Choices for Survivors of Gender-Based Violence – Backgrounder
- Upcoming Professional Development Programming Fall 2023/Winter 2024
- Acknowledge the link between GBV and mass casualties – Recording
- Registration is NOW OPEN for the Creating Collective Care Conference!
- Funding Opportunities and Announcements from the Federal Anti-Racism Secretariat
- CLI Survey – Caregiver Feedback – Cyberbullying
- Join the Fight to End Renovictions, Once and For All
- Addressing Technology-Facilitated Gender-Based Violence
- Have you registered for your free library card yet?
- Care Giver Support – Hospice PEI
- New Brief – Mothering in the Context of Intimate Partner Violence: Realities and Resilience
- PEIBWA News and Activities
- Recognizing Women’s History Month 2023
- Osteoporosis – New Canadian Guideline
- New Issue-Based Newsletter! Building Survivor Leadership Capacity