Welcome to our Community Events and Notices E-News for Thursday, November 9, 2023
New listings this week:
1) Sign the Petition for a Guaranteed Basic Income
2) CFPEI Giving Tuesday Information Session Tomorrow
3) Peace Walk and Rally
4) ACTIONS FEMMES – Research Project
5) Webinar – Technology-Facilitated Gender-Based Violence Among Teens: Closing the Gap in Canadian Knowledge & Resources
6) ABC Music & Me! By Kindermusik
7) Fostering Resilience in Women Municipal Leaders Via Zoom
8) City Seeks Applications for Food Council Members
9) “Moving Beyond the Binary: The Video” is Here! – Legal Information Society of NS
10) Better Transit Now!
11) Provocation – A Play
12) New Date for the Charlottetown Library Community Clothing and Book Swap – Plus More!
13) 31st Annual Daniel O’Hanley Memorial Lecture
14) Neurobiology of Trauma – Dr. Lori Haskell Training
15) Registration is Open for January Trade HERizons Cohort
16) PEI Public Library Service November Programs
17) Seeking input from people at greater risk of chronic disease: Live Well PEI Website Evaluation
18) Equal Futures Network – Introducing our new report: The Power of Coalitions! | Découvrez notre nouveau rapport : Le pouvoir des coalitions!
19) Annual Festive Wreath Exhibition
20) PEI Status of Women: Office Hours/ Condition féminine de l’Î.-P.-É : Heures d’ouverture
PLEASE NOTE: Events listed above may get postponed or possibly cancelled. Please always check with the events directly for updated information. Thank you.
The current and past issues of our Thursday E-News with upcoming community events and notices are available at the following links:
PREVIOUS LISTINGS BY TITLE
PLEASE NOTE: Some of the events listed below may be postponed or possibly cancelled. Please always check with events directly for updated information.
To view the e-newsletter with specific details about an event, click on the title link:
- 2023-2024 Purple Ribbon Campaign Against Violence
- PEIBWA Activities and News – Nov 1
- Join the IRSA Women’s Circle (Summerside Edition) – Nov 9-Dec 14
- Seeking Nominations for 2023 PEI Human Rights Awards – deadline Nov 10
- Health PEI Annual General Meeting / Assemblée générale annuelle de Santé Î.-P.-É. – Nov 15
- How are mobility practitioners incorporating equity into their work? – Nov 17
- Voluntary Resource Council Fundraiser and Volunteer Awards – Nov 18
- IRSA PEI Alternate Career Day 2023 – Nov 21
- National Grief & Bereavement Day 2023: Reach Out, Support the Grief Journey – Nov 21
- Celebration of Learning on November 23
- Actions Femmes – Restorative Weekend Event – November 24–26
- 3rd Annual Peter Jaffe Lecture on Ending Domestic Violence – Livestream – Nov 28
- CFPEI Launches PEI Gives – Giving Tuesday Campaign – Nov 28
- Nominations Open for PEI Annual Heritage Awards! – Deadline Dec 1
- Certificate in Conflict Resolution Beginning in December 2023
- Apply to the PEI Climate Challenge Fund – Dec 4 deadline
- Fall workshops for seniors on financial information, seniors benefits
- Resources on Addressing and Preventing Gender-based Violence on Canadian Campuses
- Atlantic Tuition Waiver Project
- Facts Over Fear Campaign
- The Seniors Navigator in PEI
- End the Misuse of Non-Disclosure Agreements! Informed Choices for Survivors of Gender-Based Violence – Backgrounder
- Acknowledge the link between GBV and mass casualties – Recording
- Registration is NOW OPEN for the Creating Collective Care Conference!
- CLI Survey – Caregiver Feedback – Cyberbullying
- Join the Fight to End Renovictions, Once and For All
- Addressing Technology-Facilitated Gender-Based Violence
- Have you registered for your free library card yet?
- Care Giver Support – Hospice PEI
- New Brief – Mothering in the Context of Intimate Partner Violence: Realities and Resilience
- Osteoporosis – New Canadian Guideline
- New Issue-Based Newsletter! Building Survivor Leadership Capacity
- Blooming House Top 5 Items on the Needs List
- Supporting crisis hotlines across the country
- Blueprint for Transformation: The 2023 Report of the National Advisory Council on Poverty
- Are you signed up for the Community Sector Network of PEI Newsletter?